Update: Well everyone, here I am...Tuesday 2/7/12 8:30pm EST and I'm officially 5 days past my due date! We're still awaiting our baby boy who is apparently on his own little schedule. :) In order to have a winner for this sweet giveaway, I want all of you to have another shot at guessing the birthday of our little guy! So come on back to my blog -- and just comment again with a different date. And if you haven't yet taken a guess, then stop on by and let's keep this party going! Here's some new info for you guys: As of this evening, I'm 2cm dilated and 95% effaced. Woohoo!!! :D
We're all anxiously waiting for our "Baby 2012" to arrive. I'm due in 5 days, and cannot wait to meet him.
The Hubbs Joe has spent many nights fixing up lots of things around the house, making it more comfy for us all. He's also gotten all of the remaining boxes unpacked from our move, thank goodness. Every room in our home is now box-free!! (umm...except for those dozen or so boxes that we're hiding upstairs in his office...but we won't talk about those, mmkayy?)
My wonderful Doula Helen is on call, and my awesome Midwife Barbara will be ready at the birthing center, along with the tub for our planned water birth. These area exciting times!
The baby's nursery awaits. Joey and Lily await their little brother's arrival. Our pup Souvlaki naps at my feet, and won't leave my side - even more so than usual. Gosh how I wish Aleethea were here too.
The super cutesie and tiny little newborn sized Ankle Biters lounge pants are hanging in his closet, the handmade newborn monster onesies and necktie shirts await, the sweet little colorful handpainted onesie from his patient big sister Lily, some art for his walls made by big brother Joey, a cozy little sleep sack for him to travel home in, and the crib bedding I made is (almost) all ready to be enjoyed. I keep sewing more and more things for him. Maybe if I stop sewing, then he'll get here already! :)
Wanna guess our baby's birthday? Cool, because it's giveaway time!!!!!!!!!
It's time for some FUN! If you can correctly guess what day my baby boy will arrive, then I'll make you a little something awesome; either a monster onesie or monster shirt, handmade by me, especially for you. Woohoo!!
Ready to guess? Need some more info?
- our son Joey was born 3 days past his due date
- our daughter Lily was born 4 days past her due date
- my official due date is Thursday 02/02/12
- I've had very strong Braxton Hicks contractions every night like clockwork for all of January
- as of three days ago, I'm 1cm dilated.
- Groundhog Day is also February 2nd...will we see my baby??? hehe.
- my beloved dog's birthday is February 3rd, the Hubbs Joe thinks the baby will be born on Aleethea's bday
- my nephew's birthday is also February 3rd
- Superbowl Sunday is February 5th...and I do NOT want to be anywhere but HOME to watch it...so I will need to do everything in my power to either have this baby on his due date in order to get back home in time for the Superbowl...or, hold my labor off until Monday, at least. haha.
So that's pretty much everything. Now your guess is as good as mine!
Sometime shortly after our new babe arrives, I'll let you know via my blog (which also updates my Facebook page), to annouce our baby boy's arrival. I will contact the winner directly for their address, and since we'll have a newborn in the house, I probably won't get to sewing the prize until March.
Here I am with my belly, so you can sort of see who needs to come out and have a birthday. And don't laugh at my funny hat!:
Here's how to win:
Then come back here to by blog and comment here to let me know the following:
1) what's your favorite item from Joey & Aleethea?
2) what date do you think our baby will be born?
3) if you win (WHEN you win!) which monster would you prefer -- Vasilis, Limoni, or Daphne?
4) what size would you like? (available up to size 24mos as a onesie, and 2T thru 10 as a t-shirt)
5) your email address
Giveaway ends whenever my baby arrives.
Only 1 entry per person.
Open to US and International commenters too.
This is so exciting, isn't it? Have fun everyone...I hope YOU win!!! :D